Apply for Services
We accept applications at the clinic Monday-Friday between the hours of 10am and 1:30pm. No appointment is needed, but be prepared to wait if we're busy. PLEASE DO NOT BRING YOUR PET!
Pets In Need of Greater Cincinnati provides non-emergency veterinary care for pets from qualifying low-income households. We are committed to helping pet owners keep their pets healthy and in their home.
Our clinic services include vaccines, testing for heartworm and FIV/FeLV, flea/tick/heartworm prevention, and treatment of most minor health issues. We also provide low-cost spay/neuter vouchers and pet food assistance.
- You must apply IN PERSON between 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m., Monday - Friday.
(PLEASE bring veterinarian records with you but DO NOT BRING YOUR PET!)
- Bring current state or federally issued photo ID and documentation for all of the income in your household:
|Household Size||Household Income|
|For each additional person add||$6,480|
ACCEPTABLE DOCUMENTATION INCLUDES
- Latest paycheck stub
Must be within one month of today’s date and include YTD totals
- Income tax return from last year
- SSI or SSDI benefits statement letter
Must be dated within the past year and include dollar amount
- SNAP or Medicaid benefits letter, not the card
Must be dated within the past year
- Unemployment or Workers Compensation benefits statement
Must be within one month of today’s date
- Evidence of loss of home or extraordinary circumstances
Acceptable information at the discretion of Pets In Need
Once enrolled, your pets are eligible to receive care during our regularly-scheduled clinic hours. Co-pay is $15 per pet for each vet visit. *
* Charge includes exam by a veterinarian, basic vaccinations, and most prescriptions. Some services cost additional.
After Your Application is Approved
- You will receive an ID card, which is good for one year. Your card entitles you make appointments for your pet(s) to see our vets on one of our regular clinic dates and to receive monthly flea/tick and heartworm prevention
- You must present your card and your photo ID each time you bring your pet(s) to a clinic or pick up monthly medications
- Regular clinic visits include a basic exam by one of our licensed veterinarians, any needed vaccines, deworming, and treatment of minor ear, eye, and skin conditions. Your co-pay is $15 per pet per visit. Appointments are required.
- Monthly flea/tick and heartworm prevention products for your pets are available for a co-pay of $5 per pet and may be picked up on a walk-in basis Monday-Friday from 10am-2pm.
- You may receive pet food once a month when we have it available.
- Co-pays are due at the time of service or pick-up of medications. We accept CASH ONLY.
- Failure to cancel or reschedule an appointment 48 hours in advance will require you to pay a non-refundable deposit of $15 in order to schedule future appointments.
- If your pet has not been spayed or neutered, you will be given a voucher with which to schedule a surgery at either UCAN Nonprofit Spay/Neuter Clinic (dogs and cats) or Ohio Alleycat Resource/Spay Neuter Clinic (cats only). The co-pay is $10 for a cat and $20 for a dog and is payable the day of surgery at either clinic.