Apply for Services
- APPLY IN PERSON. You may not send a family member or friend to apply on your behalf. We do not accept applications by mail, email or fax.
- BRING A VALID PHOTO ID
- BRING PROOF THAT YOUR HOUSEHOLD INCOME IS WITHIN THE FOLLOWING LEVELS:
|Household Size||Household Income|
Families/households with more than 8 persons, add $4,160 for each additional person.
Any of the Following Items Can Be Used for Proof of Income
- Latest paycheck stub
Must be within one month of today’s date and include YTD totals
- Income tax return from last year
- SSI or SSDI benefits statement letter
Must be dated within the past year and include dollar amount
- SNAP or Medicaid benefits letter, not the card
Must be dated within the past year
- Unemployment or Workers Compensation benefits statement
Must be within one month of today’s date
- Evidence of loss of home or extraordinary circumstances
Acceptable information at the discretion of Pets In Need
After Your Application is Approved
- You will receive an ID card, which is good for one year. Your card entitles you make appointments for your pet(s) to see our vets on one of our regular clinic dates and to receive monthly flea/tick and heartworm prevention
- You must present your card and your photo ID each time you bring your pet(s) to a clinic or pick up monthly medications
- Regular clinic visits include a basic exam by one of our licensed veterinarians, any needed vaccines, deworming, and treatment of minor ear, eye, and skin conditions. Your co-pay is $15 per pet per visit. Appointments are required.
- Monthly flea/tick and heartworm prevention products for your pets are available for a co-pay of $5 per pet and may be picked up on a walk-in basis Monday-Friday from 10am-2pm.
- You may receive pet food once a month when we have it available.
- Co-pays are due at the time of service or pick-up of medications. We accept CASH ONLY.
- Failure to cancel or reschedule an appointment 48 hours in advance will require you to pay a non-refundable deposit of $15 in order to schedule future appointments.
- If your pet has not been spayed or neutered, you will be given a voucher with which to schedule a surgery at either UCAN Nonprofit Spay/Neuter Clinic (dogs and cats) or Ohio Alleycat Resource/Spay Neuter Clinic (cats only). The co-pay is $10 for a cat and $20 for a dog and is payable the day of surgery at either clinic.